Parents, you are your child’s first and most important teacher. Choosing a quality early learning environment for your child is an important decision–you want to make sure that your child is getting the support and experiences they need to learn and grow when they are not at home.
Choosing High Quality Child Care
What does a high quality early learning environment look like?
- 1Constant attention to a child’s safety and well-being.
- 2Small class or group sizes, allowing your child to regularly interact with their teacher or caregiver and get the individualized attention they need.
- 3Regular opportunities for parent involvement, allowing for the development of strong partnerships between parents, educators, and the program.
- 4Learning experiences and materials that are not only age and developmentally appropriate, but are also respectful of all cultures and backgrounds.
- 5Educated teachers and caregivers that have formal education and training as early childhood professionals.