Quality Start San Bernardino is a new program being launched in San Bernardino to support licensed child care programs, family child care programs and preschools serving children ages 0-5 with resources to improve their quality. Programs that participate in Quality Start will receive:
- 1 Guidance in conducting a self-rating to understand where you likely fall on the QRIS matrix.
- 2 Quality improvement supports, in the form of professional development and training opportunities, which you can tailor to fit your needs.
- 3 Access to the QRIS users group, a peer support network of early childhood educators who are committed to providing quality early learning.
- 4 Promotion of your commitment to quality on the Quality Start website and as part of other outreach efforts.
- 5 Additionally, some participating early childhood programs will receive a quality rating, along with a quality improvement plan to guide ongoing quality improvement efforts.